Lancaster LA1 4YW
We are delighted to announce a two-day summer school celebrating and disseminating the research, and its impact on policy and practice, generated through the N8 Policing Research Partnership Small Grants, PhD scholarships and associated PhD projects.
The summer school will include presentations on:
- Mapping and Identifying Modern Slavery Vehicular Activity: proof of concept
- Policing Responses to Coercive Control
- The Manipulative Presentation Techniques of Controlling and Coercive Offenders
- Policing Vulnerability: Evaluating the Sex Work Liaison Officer Role in West Yorkshire Police
- Exploring Novel Psychoactive Substance Use and its Consequences for Policing Practitioners and Substance Users in North East England
- Innovations in Policing Domestic Abuse – Understanding Successes to Build Capacity
- Regulation and Policing of Illicit Drugs at Music Festivals
- Multi-agency Working and Policing
with time for questions, discussion and networking.
The summer school will run from lunch on Tuesday 4 June 2019 to early afternoon Wednesday 5 June 2019, at Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK. Attendance is free of charge, but registration is necessary. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Further information on the small grants, including final reports for the completed project can be found here
Information on PhD research can be found here
For further details about the summer school, contact: Dr Jude Towers, N8 PRP Training and Learning strand lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that registration includes entrance to the conference and lunch and refreshments on Tuesday and Wednesday 4-5 June 2019, but does not include overnight accommodation.
To register for this event, please complete the below form:
Terms & Conditions
By registering you will be added to the delegate list and places are offered on a first come basis. Places will be confirmed and details of the summer school (programme, room details etc) will be sent no later than May 1st 2019. On confirmation, if you no longer require a place please cancel as soon as possible. The event is free to attend but there may be a charge made for no-shows on the day.