Lord Nelson St
Liverpool L3 5QB
Register below to secure your place!
Event Summary: This one day event will center around exchanging knowledge and sharing practices on Chinese communities in the UK. The day will focus on tackling modern slavery and supporting its survivors.
9.15-11.00 Panel 1
11.30- 13.15 Panel 2
13.15- 14.15 Lunch
14.15-16.00 Panel 3
- Misir Robin, National Chinese Community Engagement Lead at UK Home Office
- Julia Muraszkiewicz, Research manager at Trilateral research
- Daniel Silverstone (Liverpool John Moores University) and Joseph Whittle (Liverpool John Moores University)
- Kim Bridger, Senior International Policy Adviser, Modern Slavery Unit at UK Home Office (to be confirmed)
- Shalini Patel, Solicitor, Duncan Lewis Public Law
- Lara Sharp, Dedicated ward officer, West End and Chinatown, West End SNT.
- Ali Paul, Dedicated ward officer, West End and Chinatown, West End SNT.
- Alex Chung (University College London)
- Tian Ma (University of Greenwich)
Contributors: The Home Office, Police, NGOs, academics and a legal practitioner