8th November 2018 marks the opening of the submission window for applications to the 2018/19 Small Grants process. The application period closes on 17 January 2019 and award decisions will be made by N8 PRP Steering Group in late March 2019. The purpose of the Small Grant Awards is to provide pump-priming funds to support research into targeted and important areas of policing work, where the gaps in knowledge are most prominent and where research benefits are of greatest value.
Submissions should showcase strong co-production in the development of a unique research proposal. We welcome jointly produced applications from teams of researchers and policing practitioners for funding of up to £25,000 for innovative research projects.
Findings reports from our previous Small Grant projects can be viewed on our website here.
We are particularly keen to encourage applications that address one or more of the following:
- The theme of Policing Mental Health: Improving services, reducing demand, and keeping people safe
- Aligned with one of the N8 PRP strand themes
- The challenges of emerging or new technologies
Applications should present original and innovative ideas for research co-production.
- Up to £25K per application
- Applications will be subject to rigorous internal and external review
- Projects commence May 2019
- Funding is available for up to 12 months
To make an application to the Small Grant Awards 2018/19 please read the guidance document below before completing an application form and submitting to Dr Jill Clark
Further information on our Small Grant Awards can be found here